Master's of Science (MSc)
Candidates for the MSc degree must have graduated with a minimum of an average of B+ in senior level courses in the final two years of a four-year degree program from a recognized University, with a strong undergraduate science background, including a course in research design and/or statistics, and the equivalent of a four-year University of Toronto Bachelor of Science degree in Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, or Speech-Language Pathology or a related field. Related fields include: nursing, psychology, sociology, social work, physical and health education, basic sciences, engineering, kinesiology etc. Evidence of written and verbal proficiency in English for applicants whose first language is not English is required.
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
PhD applicants must have graduated with an A- from a relevant (i.e. MScOT; MScPT, MSc. (i.e. Rehab) thesis based master’s program. Students will be counselled prior to admission and provided with materials regarding potential PhD supervisors. Evidence of written and verbal proficiency in English for applicants whose first language is not English is required.
To apply, you will need to provide:
- Two (2) official transcripts from each university previously attended. If the degree is not complete at the time of application, an official interim transcript should be provided with the final transcript forwarded as soon as it is available. If you are not certain whether or not your academic preparation is suitable to meet eligibility requirements for enrollment into the Rehabilitation Science program, please contact the department administrator of the Rehabilitation Sciences Institute to discuss.
- A Letter of Intent describing the applicant’s proposed research program (template supplied in online application)
- Two (2) letters of recommendation are required from referees who can comment on your academic/research ability
- A Recent Curriculum Vitae (CV) which includes the following headings: Background/Education (Post-secondary & Continuing), Employment, Involvement in Research Activities, Publications, Presentations
- A Letter from Potential supervisor indicating financial and supervisory support
- A non-refundable application fee in Canadian funds must be submitted by credit